The Parish Church serves both the Brewhams, North and South, and is situated in South Brewham part way up Charcroft Hill. The Church is dedicated to St John the Baptist, and is a part of the Bruton Benefice.
There has been a place of worship on this site since 8th/9th century, and parts of the present church building date back to the 12th century. The Church has been extensively altered over the intervening centuries, particularly by the Victorians who enlarged the building. The Dampier family of Colinshays numbered several priests in the family who restored the church when it had fallen into disrepair. The Church contains the oldest signed dated brass tablets in Somerset, dating back to 1691
Regular services are held in St Johns Church; Holy Communion on the 2nd Sunday in each month at 9:30am and a Family Service at 10:00am on the 4th Sunday. Everyone is welcome to these services, and to the special services which take place for festivals and special events. Information about services is published in the parish magazines and on the Church gate notice board. Anyone wishing for more information about the Church should contact the Churchwardens, David Cowie or Zena Dabinett, the Hon Treasurer, Celia Holland, the Hon Secretary, Gloria Barber or PCC members Ann Saxton, Elfrida Routh and Ann-Scott Ward.